How to make a delicious salmon dish with minimal ingredients in a short amount of time. One that’s also good as leftovers, whether cold or reheated. Yesterday I broiled salmon & asparagus. The process is even simpler than what you’ll see below, once you do it. It’s basically a no-fuss recipe with minimal ingredients with a start-to-finish time of less than 30 minutes. There’s also ZERO cleanup time. (This is also Keto compliant for those interested.)
PREP (so easy)
Use fresh asparagus and rinse.
I also love this veggie wash from Whole Foods. This is great for removing any pesticides or chemicals from produce.
Here’s a lineup of all the ingredients that you need.
DRIZZLE the olive oil.
When ready, put asparagus on top & salmon on the bottom. Bake for 10 min.
In the meantime, cut up the lemon, avocado and tomatoes. Personally, I like the Campari tomatoes.
When the 10 minutes is up, pull out the salmon. FLIP the fish & switch the oven from BAKE to BROIL.
This time, place the fish back into the oven on the TOP rack. BROIL on high for approximately 6 min (in my old oven). Most important is to see the top of the fish brown.
I typically like for my asparagus to be a little browner than these. So, I put them back in.
GRAZE on Cheese :). OPTIONAL, but recommended especially if you’re on the keto diet. While I’m not hung up on any one type of cheese, THIS particular cheese is awesome. I only recently discovered it. It’s called Fromager d’Affinois. It’s a double-aged, double cream soft cheese made in the French Alps. You can buy it at Whole Foods or order it on Amazon.
BACK TO BUSINESS
STARTING TO LOOK GOOD! See that beautiful brown on the top. That means it’s time to pull these babies out & flip ‘em.
When that’s done remove the salmon & place the asparagus on the top shelf of the broiler. Let the asparagus sit for a few minutes on high broil and allow the salmon to cool a little. Careful to not let the asparagus burn ;)
There you go!
This plate I’ve been featuring is what I fed my brother.
Here’s the plate I ate for myself. After grazing while cooking and shooting I wanted to save just one more nibble of cheese.
RECAP OF RECIPE
Lightly charred oven-broiled Salmon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place a sheet of aluminum foil over two baking dish (same as cookie sheets)
- Put salmon cuts on one; Lay the asparagus on the other.
- Apply about a tablespoon of olive oil to each cut of salmon & about 2 tablespoons to the asparagus.
- Sprinkle the borsari to your liking. (I like to apply 3 or 4 good shakes)
- Rub the 2 ingredients into food, mixing around the asparagus.
- When you see that the oven is pre-heated (you’ll hear a loud beep 😉), you know it’s time to put in the food.
- Putting asparagus on top rack & the salmon on the bottom one, bake for 10 minutes.
- While this is baking, slice the lemons, avocados & tomatoes.
- At the ten minute mark, remove the salmon & flip it. Also, put the asparagus on the bottom rack.
- Set oven to broil on high, and leave the oven door cracked.
- The bottom line here is to brown the top of the salmon. (In my OLD oven, that’s 6 minutes. It may be different for yours.)
- When you see it brown, take it out to flip to the other side until it’s also brown.
- When that’s done, remove the salmon from the oven.
- Place the asparagus back on the top row for 2 minutes as the salmon cools.
- Remove the asparagus.
- Grab your favorite piece a salmon, a good handful of asparagus & your choice of accompaniments.
SIDE NOTE: PLATES
THE END…AND HOPEFULLY A NEW BEGINNING