An Obsessive Over-packer
What to pack? I struggle. One of my goals is to minimize my wardrobe and hopefully, one day become a “reasonable” packer. As opposed to the chronic overpacking situation that happens every single time we go anywhere! In hindsight, as I reflect on our recent trip to Manhattan Beach, I had the best packing experience to date. Still too much, but progress. I used and repurposed many of these wardrobe staples for Spring 2018. I made a mental note and decided to post spring packing tips today.
What I discovered: These wardrobe staples make packing easier.
- Stick with a color theme. I can’t get enough of sunset colors. Tan, white and blush pink are fresh neutrals.
- Find a classic longer open front cardigan (with no hardware so you’re not limited). This open front sweater blazer is perfect.
- Find a tote bag that is large enough to carry your extras when the temperature changes from 55 to 75
- Nude blush or tan espadrilles are always chic and flattering. Remember to break them in before you leave. I wish I had 😉
- Cropped stretch Levi’s or denim with a subtle distressed hem adds just the right detail to finish off the look.
- Accessories go with natural add something woven for the texture you can’t go wrong with rattan or anything that’s woven. Go OVERBOARD 😉 Nautical pun intended.
HERE’S MY SUNSET COLOR INSPIRATION
Thanks for visiting!
I spoke about these espadrilles (as well as the blush Levi’s) in THIS post on best wedges for wide feet.
I’d love to hear your favorite ways to plan travel looks.