A Day in the City
Yesterday I had a fun girls lunch followed by the privilege of meeting Benjamin Pete. We have been corresponding on IG for almost a year, so it was fun to finally meet in person. He is very talented, loves Atlanta and loves photography. Needless to say, we hit it off. Check out his work HERE or find him on Instagram @be_atlanta
So why do I love this City so much?
- People are friendly…. I mean hello, it’s the south!
- It’s a big city with all the big fashion and entertainment perks, but it feels like a small town once you settle in and find your groove.
- Shopping. The shopping is FAB. Whether you are looking for unique boutiques or interior decor, Atlanta has it all.
- The food options. My personal favorite is to go to the Atlanta Fish Market Restaurant and purchase fresh fish to cook at home. The Atlanta Fish Market has the BEST fresh market behind their restaurant. If fish isn’t your thing, ATL is full of culture and diversity so you can get food from any part of the world within minutes.
- Atlanta is booming with growth and opportunity. I have been here over 20 years. I went to college at Agnes Scott just before the Olympics came to town and boy has this city changed. It just keeps getting better and better! We now have the Beltline, Midtown, and the movie industry. I grew into a happy woman here, feel in love with my husband here, and have made the best friends here. I’ll always be a small town North Carolina Girl; however, Atlanta has completely stolen my heart.
Outfit Details: A Turquoise Dream
Recently I have been into monochromatic color schemes for my outfits. It just makes it so easy to pull together and I feel confident that it will photograph well. It’s so hot I knew I wanted to wear a dress. Let me tell you, they definitely call it HOTlanta for a reason. This one is by a favorite designer of mine, Cinq a Cept and it’s ON SALE. My husband absolutely loves this dress on me and he’s very picky, so the compliment is real.
These earrings I found in O’ahu at the Four Seasons shop called Maris Collective. (Here’s an interesting read about Maris Collective business model from Fashionista.) They are by a Maui designer named Rue Belle. Check out her beautiful pieces HERE. Love the color and shape. I also found similar beautiful options for you below.
Photo Credit BENJAMIN PETE
Thanks for stopping by!
Until next time,